Saturday, December 21, 2013

Two great tastes that taste great together!

Bats and nail... polish? Seriously though, bear with me.

Taking a hard left from my regular(?) posts because I just found out about an awesome team up and I had to share.

I was poking around on a nail polish blog called Never Gonna Give You Up and for some reason this post caught my eye, she discusses a lovely lilac-y/pink holographic polish called Peekaboo and the Etsy seller she gets if from: Ruby White Tips. Not normally my kinda colour but it was sparkly and I have my occasional (well, not so occasional) magpie moments.

Not only do half of the proceeds from this polish (and the related line) go to The Bat World Sanctuary, but this particular colour is named after a bat named Peekaboo.


I have a particular affinity for bats so my Brother and Sister In Law sponsored a bat in my name through The Bat Sanctuary for my birthday last year, and THAT BAT WAS PEEKABOO!

The Bat Sanctuary does amazing work toward bat conservation and rescue. I have really enjoyed following along with the materials they have sent me and via Facebook, and I appreciate having the opportunity to help out where I can. Passing along info on this product line was a no-brainer.




I haven't tried these polishes myself so I can't personally vouch for them, but I suspect that will change pretty soon. I love bats and I love nail polish; it's not a hard sell and that BOO2 colour is especially calling. 

*Rights to those images not even remotely mine but as I'm linking to the source hopefully I'll be forgiven.

1 comment:

  1. I love nailpolish & bats too, I never understand why bats get such a bad rap, they are amazing creatures & adorable too! Really sad they can't ship to the UK though, they have some beautiful colours!
    Thankyou for such a nice comment on my blog by the way, I'm so happy to hear it's helped to inspire you! :) Wishing you lots of success with overhauling your style, documenting it is such a great way to do so, I've learned so much about my own & what actually suits me from doing the same :)

    ReplyDelete